Advantages of Sleep Dentistry
- Feel relaxed enough to overcome your anxiety of seeing the dentist for routine procedures.
- Comfortably schedule longer treatments in one appointment, rather than several shorter ones.
- Have the peace of mind knowing you’ll feel comfortable through your oral surgery, tooth extraction, etc.
- Know that you’re safe and well looked after with our highly trained sedation dentistry providers.
- Completing necessary dental treatments that you might otherwise delay (and would lead to more complex infections later on.)
Only trained and licensed sedation providers can administer sleep dentistry medication in their practice. As your family’s oral health provider, we put your comfort and safety first. During your treatment consultation, our dentists will be happy to discuss the types of sleep dentistry used and the advantages of each one. From comfortable dental sedation gas (“laughing gas”) to a mild sedative that’s taken by mouth (oral conscious sedation), there are a variety of benefits to each.
You Deserve Better
At Melbourne Centre for Dentistry, we understand why people wait so long to see the dentist. But delaying dental care can make it to where your oral health needs become more serious over time. As a family centred practice, our dentists in Brighton and Ferntree Gully are especially attentive to the needs of our anxious patients. Call us today to learn more about sleep dentistry options available in our practices.
DENTAL SEDATION OPTIONS (SLEEP DENTISTRY)
At Melbourne Centre for Dentistry, we offer many solutions to put you at ease within our clinic. From a previously traumatic dental experience, to patients with severe anxiety, those with behavioural or cognitive issues, to those who simply want to enjoy being at the dentist, we have the Dental Sedation Option for you!
We offer ‘Happy Gas’ Sedation, for those who would like a bit of extra help to relax. This is by far the most popular option, as it is very low risk and enjoyable for the patient.
In other circumstances, we can even offer treatment under General Anaesthesia, where conventional treatment and sedation options are not appropriate or where extensive treatments are required to be performed during one appointment. A Professional team including an Anaesthesiologist oversee the entire General Anaesthesia process.
If you think that Dental Sedation may help you or your child to be more comfortable during a procedure, please talk to us today about our Dental Sedation Options and which option may be the best for you.