How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign places specific and mild pressure against key teeth throughout the mouth. Every two weeks, you’ll change your aligners. Moving to the next set will change where the pressure is applied, and gradually your teeth will start to move in a very systematic manner. Because of this process, there’s no need for “adjustments” in our office or changing out bands, wires, etc. In fact, we usually only need to see you about every 6-8 weeks to ensure that things are progressing properly.
Benefits of Adult Orthodontics
Choosing Invisalign provides our patients with a number of advantages when it comes to their oral health and daily routine:
- Visits are shorter and less frequent
- No changes in home care (just remove your aligners to brush and floss normally)
- Eat all of the foods you love
- Translucent design prevents others from knowing you’re in braces
- Optimized tooth placement reduces the risk of cavities, gum disease, worn teeth, and headaches
- No fixed appliances to worry about breaking
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Before any of our patients start Invisalign, we sit down to meet with them about their concerns and expectations. Then, we thoroughly evaluate their oral health and bite anatomy to determine if they’re a candidate to wear clear braces. If you are, our team in Brighton or Ferntree Gully will create a customized treatment plan for you to review. It will outline all of the costs involved and estimated treatment duration. All you need to get started is a consultation. Call today on (03) 9752 2694 to schedule yours!